Thursday 31 March 2011

Yes, it's here. Hipsters and Hibiscus is finally up and running....always strange starting a new blog. It all looks so neat and tidy and, I suppose, slightly boring! Just means I'm going to have to get this thing going so we all have something lovely to look at. This blog is a documentation of all the super sweet, super interesting gardens that happen right here in Brunswick. From the veggie gardeners to the crazy super neat gardens of the ever lovely European families, there is such a diverse range of eye candy for garden lovers. And, the other thing that always blows my mind is the beautiful gardens all the renters continue to maintain even though they don't own the property.....now THAT is a love of gardening. My hope is to find willing gardeners to interview about why the garden as well as taking photos of their pride and joys.

Anyway! Enough babbling on.....to start with, my garden. I've only been in this house for about 8 months but got straight in and started gardening as soon as we moved in. The garden was pretty boring when we got here but is now slowly taking shape. From ferns, to flowers, to veggies and herbs, I'm trying to grow things that will look pretty as well as be functional and edible! It really is a waiting game, but the watching everything grow is simply part of why I garden. And now.....some photos (just a snippet as I'll continue to reveal my garden as we go on!)





So, there is just a taste of the garden I  am slowly creating. I've had non stop troubles with thrip, caterpillars, and snails at the moment however I am finally starting to beat them!

Well, that wraps up the first ever post for Hipsters and Hibiscus gardening through Brunswick! Next post we will have our first ever guest gardener!

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Oh hi Katherine, what a wonderful blog! looks like it's great living in brunswick... Inid is very cute in this photo. I look forward to reading more.
    see ya soon.

    ReplyDelete